Green Building Expertise
The success of any green building project relies on the expertise that is involved during various stages of the project – pre-design, design, construction, implementation, operations and management, etc. Assembling the appropriate group of external consultants is a challenging task that involves proper research of the field in question as well as valued recommendations from reliable sources. The crucial expertise of the project team comes from the careful selection of experts such as the architects, HVAC/MEP/lighting engineers as well contractors and project managers.
In-house decision-makers such as facility managers, business officers and sustainability coordinators, and in particular those with experience in sustainable construction/renovation practice, also play a critical role in initiating and managing the institutional processes involved in the realization of a campus green building project.
This page provides information on understanding the nitty-gritty of the integrated design process as well as selecting design and construction professionals. Resources such as directory listings of green contractors and accredited professionals are also included on this page.
- Introduction to Green Building
- Expert Role
- Project Management: Integrated Design and LEED Roadmap
- Building Operations Mangement
Resources that describe the role of various experts in the green building design and construction process:
Information on the management of green building projects (the design, commissioning, and delivery aspects of a green building project):
- Commercial Building: Compliance and Rating Phase - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Delivery (Design and Construction) Methods
- Introduction to Project Planning Managing and Delivery - Whole Building Design Guide
- Guide on Assembling Project Delivery Teams - Whole Building Design Guide
Information on the ongoing management of green building projects to ensure that they meet energy savings and other operational targets.
Utilities and Energy Management
- Energy Systems Laboratory (ESL) - Texas A&M University
- Utilities & Energy Management - Texas A&M University